December 19, 2012

Running Through Slumps

Its the weekbefore Christmas.  I am clamoring to get to the last day before holidays, as the year's demands are noticable.  My short runs have dwindled to 5 ks and my long run is 10 k.  In an attempt to simplify my life, I have given myself slack for the purpose of recapturing my love for this part of my life.  
  Some things have changed this year.  My time is more pressed, I am working over 40 hours a week, going to school and I am spending less time with other people because of all this.  I have stopped wearing my Garmin as well, with more of a need to jsut get out and stop timing myself with pressure to get it done.  I change my running goal mid-run more often too.  Not sure what all these changes mean, but i know that I am sticking to it, and building from here.  
   Since my dismal results at the marathon in October, I think I have seem my limitations and felt some discouragement from this.  i will charge on, but to regain my previous achievments seems daunting.  I know I have gained some weight, not a lot, but this may also factor back in to things.  I could stand to lose 5-7 pound comfortably as well, and my asthma has been noticeably more bothersome in the last year stemming back from being around a dog Christmas 2011! 
Want to say a Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for stoping by, even though my blogging is less consistent than in past years.
God Bless!

1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

I know about the inconsistent blogging - I only wrote 7 blog posts this entire year. And I also know about some difficulties in running (November I logged 0 that's a big goose egg zero miles) due to injury. Stick with what works and hang in there buddy. I wish I could go for a few miles with you.