April 23, 2011

Weathered and Withered

My life has been asking a lot of me in the last 8 months.   A three hour commute, a new and complex caseload, and meetings when i get home to go to with church and community involvements have all challenged me to dig deep and keep going on in running this year.  It has been the hardest for me to get up in the morning even earlier for shorter runs, I covet Saturday mornings to not just get up and run, but to chill.  I am seeing people a way less than I use to in my personal life.  Finding the sweet spot (like right now) to go and run has been a hard sell to my soul.  I have been working away at keeping it a priority to pretty good success although my dailymile buddies are kicking my butt on the mileage!
The weather has finally warmed up this week to a point where I am not going to feel like wearing my winter gear anymore.  Its been a stupid long winter.  This is exciting!  I did not do the 10k I have done for the last couple of years.  No goal.  
So here I sit to blog about what.  Last week it was about sex. Motivation?  Nah, I have that.  Priorities?  Probably more of this.  Keeping my regime in the priority list is a constant reshuffle as my obligations encroach my long term health priorities.  So enough of this writing.  I need to get out there.
Here I go!

Where do you get help to dig deep and re-prioritize when life is demanding?  Give me some inspiration!

No comments: