June 10, 2010

2010 Summer Skaha Lake dream run - 29 km (18 mi)

So far, I am right on trackin my training to try a new run, the  Skaha Lake Loop.
This route is 29 km and is a beautiful waterfront view most of the time.  On a perfect day, the wind will be non-existant and the water glassy.  I picture dropping my family off at the popular south end Skaha beach for a couple of hours while I run and then arriving so that I meet up with them and then jump in the water to get a refreshing recovery ice bath,as the water is fairly c-c-c-c-c-cold!
Whether the family part of it works out or not (not sure my wife would appreciate being left on a beach for 2 hours so her husband can get 'away' from it all would fly, but its my daydream.  Perhaps they would just go shopping and meet up!
Anyone game??? :D  What kind of local dream routes have you planned fo the summer?  Id love to see it MAPPED!  Try it at http://www.mapmyrun.com/

No comments: