October 01, 2010

Black Toenails and Other Bodily Whinings

http://runningfool-ootaynee.blogspot.com/search/label/taper%20tantrums
I kinda love myblack toenails.  They hurt a bit, but they are like my badges.  Little black ugly badges.  I am tapering now, and now is when I feel the most like, am I really ready?!!  Trusting the taper, which many with previous experience have echoed to me, is difficult.  Rest feels wrong!I was due to have a  light run today, but it was a bit iffy on my piriformis, so I rested instead and trusted my training to be there as I massaged my glute.  Recovery is painful and feels unnatural at this point. 
I have also had a couple of days of allergic reaction to something, causing me to need my inhailer for asthma and I have been sneezing.  
Here we go... taper tantrums!

6 comments:

Kenley said...

Nice toenails man. Hang in there, the race will be over with soon enough.

Chad said...

Thanks Kenley!

Brian Vinson said...

"taper tantrums" I love it!

I'm in my taper, too, and I'm hating it. I'm used to putting in 9+ miles every run, and these shorter runs aren't getting it!

Chad said...

Yes, and now that my bod is resting, my glutes and hips are whining, had to pull out the foam roller and a base ball to get in there and loosen up. Guess the mend is on!

Chad said...

Hey Rev,
how r your toenails? :)

Another thing on my mind, the flu has been circulating my household. Need to keep away!

Brian Vinson said...

My toenails are great! I had a fungus infect them a while back, but my doctor got me some meds that fixed that. I have had a few issues with toes, blisters & peeling mostly, but I ignore that - and I've never gotten the dreaded black toe...